Reducing Survey Data by Using Photographs for Precise 3D Models
Thursday, May 4, 2017 | 2:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
CEDARVILLE Engineering Group created a reality mesh from digital photographs and old survey data to support planning, design and maintenance
The professionals at CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, LLC have developed a workflow to generate an accurate Reality Model created with ContextCapture. The reduction of the digital model into survey features and topography was completed using Bentley’s Civil Software. A key to the success of this workflow was the precision of the model achieved through digital photos tied to ground control. The process saved time, generated instant value, and gave the engineers a true 3D model to advance planning and design.
Please find below the Top 5 take-aways for the webinar:
• Learn how the team overcame traditional survey restraints eliminating the need for costly and risky onsite visits
• Learn how CEDARVILLE generated a 3D reality model from aerial photos, site photographs, and old survey data
• Learn how to CEDARVILLE created a high-resolution accurate 3D reality mesh using ContextCapture
• Learn how CEDARVILLE extracted survey features and topography using Bentley civil software solutions
• Learn about the benefits and cost savings Reality Modeling brought to the city
April M Barkasi, PE – President & CEO, CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, llc
Chris Skorny, 3D Modeling Specialist/ UAV Pilot, CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, llc
Chintana Herrin, Reality Modeling Product Marketing Manager, Bentley Systems
Sean Higgins, SPAR 3D Editor
Register for this webinar by completing the fields below.
Thank you for registering for the SPAR3D.com on-demand webinar: Data Reduction of Reality Models, sponsored by Bentley Systems.
An email will be sent shortly with WebEx login information.