At the 2020 VR/AR Global Online Summit, event organizers plan to host their first annual Architecture and Interior Design Student Competition. Sponsored by AEC-focused VR company The Wild, the competition is an opportunity for students in design and VR to showcase their visions for the future of “digital socialization”.
The challenge is to design a space that encourages “digital socialization or innovative social distancing” and examples could be the workplace of the future, an office, a public space, a lobby, entry way, room or building or other architectural space.
Students currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture programs, and especially those with experience using virtual, mixed realities or immersive tech are eligible to apply. Six student finalists will be selected to share their original 3D models in a live-streamed competition.
How to Enter
- Fill out an application here. Deadline is Wednesday, May 20th by 11:59pm PST.
- VR headset recommended but not required to apply/participate. To participate, you must have minimum VR headset or PC requirements to install The Wild. Learn more on how to get started.
- 3D model submission: Revit or SketchUp models preferred; GLTF, FBX, OBJ ok.
- Be prepared to describe your project. What social interaction does it provide, what was your inspiration, how did you create it, and why do you deserve to win?
- 6 student finalists will be selected to participate in the competition.
*Must be available on Tuesday June 2nd to participate live in the webcast, via The Wild app.
The prize for students includes a 1-year subscription to The Wild, a Pico VR Headset, and a laptop, as well as a feature here, on SPAR 3D, that showcases the winning project and creator.
For more information, visit the VRARA Summit website.